Tuesday 11 June 2013

Top 3 Spring/Summer foundations

Hi guys,

Welcome back to my blog

I am going to be blogging about my summer favorites foundation today, Although i use quite a lot of foundation of different brands such as Mac, Iman, bhcosmetics, Maybelline,Revlon color stay, Dream matte mouse,Mary Kay Black Opal and Inglot creme foundation.These brands are fabulous and they all have their different features in which individuals build their own personal opinions on .Personally there are still many brands i want to try out especially black up Paris.

That been said, i have chosen my top three foundation that i am going to be using a lot this Summer.
1. BH cosmetics
2. Revlon color stay
3.  IMAN Luxury Radiance liquid Foundation

These products are totally awesome as they both have pro's and Cons.


Bhcosmetics Liquid Foundation 


This foundation line was launched online(www.bhcosmetics.com) in December 2012 and it was on offer for $4.50 dollars for 0.85oz, so i ordered four shades as i was skeptical about it and the shades as well so i took a risk and  purchased the ones that was near my skin tone in the medium to dark shades.Although i ordered Deep beige,Mocha,Hazelnut,Deep Cocoa.These four shades matches my skin tone but since the beginning of summer have been finding myself using deep cocoa and deep beige which is D3 and D4.

This makeup is so subtle and gives medium to full coverage depending on how much you use.I mix D3 and D4 together using one pump each and i constantly find myself not using concealers anymore with this particular foundation which is excellent.







Pros

 It has a Pump nozzle
Glides on smoothly with  foundation brush,stapling brush,powder brush and makeup Sponges
Long lasting wear all through the day
Matte-Finish

Cons

Contains no SPF
Has a parfume scent to it which i personally dislike.
Its in a glass bottle so once it drops onto a hard floor,it could break.



Revlon Color Stay Foundation


I purchased this foundation in March because it was recommended by a friend,she told me how good the product was so i ordered two of these foundation on eBay in Caramel and Cappuccino as my skin tone is in between these two colors .Its 1.0oz/30ml per bottle and i paid 18 euros for both which was a good value for my money compared to how much it was in actual beauty supply stores. I tried on these foundation, as i like to test out my foundation before deciding to wear them in the long run in case i react to them such as breaking out or getting rashes from them.My first try out with these product made me fall in Love with it.Its a Medium coverage foundation but once covered with powder you get a full coverage depending on how to apply your makeup.I Mix the two shades together each time i want to use it.This product is quite versatile as you could have it as an everyday foundation or get the bold look.I find this product particularly useful in the summer because it has SPF in it which protects my face from the sun and its available both for normal/dry skin or combination/oily skin. I have an oily skin so therefore this makeup is quite perfect for me.










Pros

SPF 12
Lasts up to 24 hours
Flawless look,lightweight feel
Option of picking out the foundation to suit your skin type(normal,oily,combination)

Cons

Has no pump
Quite Runny

IMAN Luxury Radiance Liquid makeup.


This foundation was also recommended by a friend and she sent it to me from America alongside two different types of pressed powders in my exact skin tone.I got the foundation in shade EARTH1. it is also 1.0oz/30ml.Available to purchase on the link below.
 (http://www.imancosmetics.com/shop/products/face/liquid-makeup.

I was intrigued by this makeup because i have seen it on people and i was intrigued by the flawless finish it gives and I was absolutely spot on. IMAN is one if the best make up product i have ever used.It is a full coverage foundation that has a touch of shimmer in it which is perfect for the summer as it gives me that radiant glow that instantly lights up my face. its enriched with minerals that good for your skin,but the problem i encountered is that as soon as i tested this foundation out,i started to break out the second day.Any time i use this foundation and the powder i tend to break out but i still try to use it occasionally because the end results once applied on is excellent,as it appears that you have a high definition finish!







Pros

High definition finish
Glides on smoothly onto the face
Its for Women of Color
Tones and texturise the skin
Lightweight and oil free

Cons

I break out the next day after using this foundation
Contains no SPF

These are my favorites foundations I will be using mostly this summer.

Check out my YouTube video and don't forget to subscribe!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ladybaker19



LadyBaker



1 comment:

Lavieb3llle said...

I love the revlon colour stay, been using it for awhile now...so annoying d way it has no pump tho! I need to try Bh...

Well done..
Bea
X