Friday 16 August 2013

TAKING IT BACK TO MY AFRICAN ROOTS...FASHION SHOW



Lights,Camera And ACTION!!!!





Lets RIP the Runway....


OOTN
Lace top : Primark
Trousers:Primark
Shoes:Heatons
Jewlries: Primark



If you follow me on Facebook,You will know I recently attended the annual Nigerian fashion show held in Dublin Ireland.I promise to keep this blog short as possible

It was an amazing night and it was my first time ever attending a fashion show and I was blown away.I vlogged and I will be uploading on my YouTube as soon as I can and ill definitely Link it here as usual.

So let me get into it but first I really apologise for the lack of pictures I was doing so many things at the once due to my lateness(covers faces in shame),that's why I opted to VLOG as I just left my camera sitting on my tripod so it was much easier,I took a couple of pictures personally but others are with some media productions,Don't know when ill get my hands on them.

(To all my Nigerian people AIT  was at the event so keep an eye out for yo girl on t.v soon)








BACK TO THE EVENT.....

The event kicked off at 8  pm with the Nigerian national anthem which I have clearly forgotten so me I was just there chewing my mouth catching up on the few lines I can remember.The fashion show featured all types of model from tall to average height girls and boys,Black and white,Plus size and skinny model which was a brilliant idea because a  Message was delivered which was ; no matter what kinda body shape or size you are you can  "Strut yo stuff" and wow the model definitely shaked "what their mamma gave them".

With African music in the background such as antenna,Khona and azonto the atmosphere was phenomenal with special guests such as the South African Ambassador,Charge de Affairs of the Nigerian embassy Ireland,and Of course the only and only LEXI MOJO Nigerian finest designer.

With Mr Alabi, CHARGE DE AFFAIRS OF NIGERIA EMBASSY IRELAND

All types of fashion designers featured at the event all the way from Abuja the phenomenal LEXI MOJO(his designs are out of this world),House of semante from UK, and a couple of other designers from Zimbabwe and other parts of Nigeria,I cant seem to remember their name all but the designs were fantastic.

Mr fashionista- Lexi Mojo

Enough of the fashion Show details now and onto the exhibition part which I played a role in,I displayed myself and what I was all about y'ol know I love my make-up and I take my fashion very seriously so this was a very perfect time to showcase myself and what I am all about which I Proudly did and It went really well lets just say Connections were made which I will fill you in later in my  future posts.There were other stands that people showcased their business and companies such as the AIRBONEY OMO JESU CREATIONS...She is one Ankara talented goddess(Thank you for the bow tie and the Bangle), OYINBO ATATA(Jewelries and clothing) and so much more....


Handmade by Airboney Omo Jesu Creations




African prints,Made and designed by Airboney Creations herself. Link is down Below (https://www.facebook.com/airboney.omojesu?fref=ts)

Smiles all round



African Prints such as Ankara and Kente fabrics








My exhibiting Stand



What a glorious night....

It was an awesome event,I met a lot of new people and In a way I personally felt I gained more self confidence when it comes to talking to people,I am quite timid at times but this even gave me that boost I needed and I cannot wait to  attend more events and programmes in the near future.

I want to say a huge thank you for the organisers for inviting me to this event ,Appreciations goes to Magic Fingers Inc., Dy-dimensions,Loretta Adenuga and Airboney Omo-Jesu creation.


Until Next Time

Ladybaker19

x






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your outfit and some of those bright prints are gorgeous!!

Blog- http://sophie-henderson.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

nice outfit !

http://afrogenik.blogspot.co.uk/