Friday 6 December 2013

MILK OF MAGNESIA- IS IT REALLY GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN AS A FACE PRIMER???


Magnesium hydroxide is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula of hydrated Mg(OH)2. As a suspension in water, it is often called milk of magnesia because of its milk-like appearance.It is Primarily Used to Alleviate Constipation and relives indigestion and Heartburn.
It was Banned here In Europe because it violated some health rules and contained too much Sulfate That's why its been so Hard to purchase any where but  in the last three months its been making a comeback on the Shelves at some Pharmacy and Retail stores such as Dunnes Stores.



This may be the first time you are reading this but MILK OF MAGNESIA is also a Face Primer ; I have Seen a lot of Makeup Artist use this Product as a Primer on Their Clients and the results after the Makeup Session is amazing and flawless -So I did a bit of my own research about Five months ago by watching Videos on You-tube and the results of the Makeup Application Looked Flawless So I decided to Purchase one myself to see what the hype was about and I was amazed by The results,It kept my face Matted up all day/Night long,I even wore it to a concert once and my makeup stay Matted up for over 12 hours.



I also have a Video on My YouTube Channel on how I apply this Formula and how it Saturates into the Skin so please Check it out 




I know you must be thinking but there may be a Side Effect to this; and my answer to this is YES...Personally for me I tend to break out when I use this product constantly and by that I mean Using this product everyday because it then changes the PH balance of my face making my Facial products Null and Void when I use them to Cleanse My face ; That been said I did use it everyday for about three week when I initially got it back then and I broke out real bad but then again I have a sensitive Skin ;So what does to necessarily Work for me May actually Work for you.But I still use this Product when I am going to a wedding,Party,Clubbing etc 

Pros
  • Matti-fies the Face after Foundation Routine
  • Saturates into the Skin quickly
  • Used as a remedy to treat Acne and Scars
  • Controls Oil
Cons
  • Likely to Breakout if used Constantly
  • Leaves White Streaks when applied on Immediately after using a Moisturizer so you have to wait about two minutes before you apply
  • Changes PH balance of your face
  • Makes your Skin tight and Dry

IS IT REALLY GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN AS A FACE PRIMER???


Yes it is good as a face Primer especially for those with really Oily Skin who has big pores in and around their T-Zone areas; and its even better than most high end Primers out there but I would not recommend daily use of the Product on your Face


Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is solely for educating the reader. It is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a medical expert.Pictures Used in this Post are not mine 

1 comment:

Oh My Style said...

Hmm very interesting! Haven't heard of this before! Thx for sharing!

www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk